Mackie HR624mk2 140W 6.7" Powered Studio Monitor
Gearank High Notes
The HR624mk2 first appeared on our recommended list for Studio Monitors from February 2016 through March 2017.
It reappeared from September 2021 until February 2022 when they were out-ranked by other monitors.
Mackie takes a different approach to handling low frequencies with the HR624mk2. Instead of a bass port, the HR series uses a Passive Radiator; a type of bass response mechanism that uses a larger diaphragm that resonates with the speaker.
Compared to typical bass reflex systems that utilize tuned ports, passive radiators can use larger diaphragms and therefore extend the low frequencies lower than a port in the same size enclosure.
The 6.7" woofer along with a 1" Dome Tweeter is placed on a specially designed baffle to minimize errant reflections.
The Mackie HR624mk2 is a good sounding studio monitor with good bass extension and great tweakability for different types off rooms.
- Driver: 6.7" Woofer, 1" Dome Tweeter
- Amplifier: 60W LF, 35W HF
- Inputs: 1 x XLR, 1 x 1/4" (TS)
- Frequency Response: 49Hz-20kHz (±1.5 dB)
- Crossover Frequency: 3kHz, 24 dB/octave
- Enclosure: Sealed with Passive Radiator
- Controls: Acoustic Space Control, LF roll-off, HF shelf controls
- Dimensions: 13.1" x 8.6" x 12.6"
- Weight: 23.4 lbs.
|Sound On Sound||Paul White||96/100|