Steinberg UR-RT4 USB Audio Interface with 4 Rupert Neve Transformers - 4 Analog Inputs
The UR-RT4 appeared on our recommended list for USB Audio Interfaces from December 2019 until October 2020.
Rupert Neve is a name that's always closely associated with audio engineering. His designs for preamps, consoles, and EQs are near-ubiquitous in the professional recording world and many top-tier audio engineers swear by his designs.
Steinberg brings a slice of the engineering genius to the table with the UR-RT4: A collaboration between Steinberg, Yamaha and Rupert Neve Designs that promises to bring big console sound to project studios.
At the core of the UR-RT4 are 4 custom transformers from Rupert Neve Designs that give character to your input signals.
The UR-RT4 is a great audio interface featuring top-tier technology at an affordable price. If you run a project studio and believe the Neve magic, there's no reason not to get it. If you need expandability, you might have to let off a sigh and look elsewhere as the UR-RT4 has nothing to add additional inputs.
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192kHz
- Simultaneous I/O: 6 x 4
- Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (Hi-Z/mic/line), 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 2 x 1/4" (line)
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (main), 4 x 1/4" (line out), 2 x 1/4" (headphones)
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- MIDI: In/Out
- 4 D-PRE Class A preamps with switchable Rupert Neve Designs input transformers
- Phantom Power: +48V
- Bundled Software: Cubase AI, Cubasis LE